Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oh Baby...

While we are waiting for people to send in their info. to April (hint hint) so we can get some more interesting posts on here, I have to rack my brains for interesting little tidbits about our fellow '94 graduates. In the process of doing this, I recalled a "funny" (I'm not sure if they would label it funny, but I couldn't come up with a better word) story that I saw on the news back in January of 2007. Here is the copy of a post I put on a website my friends and I have...

"Hey everyone, Zak and I were watching the news tonight and they showed video of this woman in the hospital with her new baby that she delivered on the freeway and Zak said she looked familiar, but who would we know on the national news segment? I said it looked like Todd Miller's wife and sure enough it was Jenny Miller (formerly Jenny Lee, you know Caralissa's little sis) so I googled this news article to post for you all to read:

Little one makes a big entrance — on Interstate 5
By Jennifer Sullivan Seattle Times staff reporter
Todd Miller sped south on Interstate 5, telling his wife, Jenny, not to push through her contractions. The Brier couple were only a few miles from Northwest Hospital & Medical Center in Seattle on Friday when Jenny Miller felt the baby crowning and couldn't wait any longer. Todd, a registered nurse who works in an orthopedic clinic, pulled onto the shoulder and crouched below his wife.It took only two pushes for Jenny Miller, 29, to deliver the couple's fourth child. Shortly after 8 a.m., Ian McKay Miller, weighing 6 pounds, 7 ounces, was born feet from morning rush-hour traffic. Paramedics who responded to Todd Miller's 911 cell phone call let the 31-year-old father cut the umbilical cord."The baby is great, and I'm great," Jenny Miller said, speaking from her room at Northwest on Friday evening. Jenny Miller, a stay-at-home mom, laughs at how quickly Ian was born. The baby's due date was Jan. 25. "It was a big surprise. It has kind of taken a while to sink in," she said. "The other three I had epidurals with." The Millers planned to bring Ian home Friday night so he could join his siblings, ages 3, 4 and 7. Jennifer Sullivan: 206-464-8294 or jensullivan@seattletimes.com"

Back then I remember you could pull up a video showing them, but I can't seem to find the link anymore. Here is a link to the actual news article (so you know I'm not making this up)...
http://www.kgw.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8MG0GOO9.html

And to Todd and Jenny - we sure are glad you had this experience so we could all have something fun to read today! Just kidding...

Anybody have anything of interest, related to '94 alumni, that we could post? Email us at sfhs1994@gmail.com

****I found the video link (it was on their blog)... Just click on "Meet the happy family"... http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_010507WABfreewaybabyKC.1104d1c8.html

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Thats my bro... always has to do things his own way. :-P