Monday, October 20, 2008

Looking back...


So I joined facebook last week. It's interesting... I never did MySpace or anything like that so I have nothing to compare it to, but ever since I added my picture - people I don't even know keep trying to "add me as their friend". I don't know if this is a compliment or just creepy (needless to say I AM NOT adding them). Anyway, the main reason I joined was to track down classmates. It seemed like a reasonable enough idea and it was... until I found the list of SFHS '94 grads and went about sending them messages about this blog. THEN stupid Facebook kicked me off and called me a spammer!

I guess, in hindsight, I was fulfilling the definition of a "spammer". But still I am hurt. They let me back on and now I am getting a whole new insight into my younger siblings/cousins lives (at least, their Facebook lives). It has me wondering what the world would have been like for us back in our highschool days if we had had access to cell phones and the internet! I'm kind of glad we didn't, things were much simpler back then, don't you think?

I can already hear my future teenagers saying things like "Mom, are you SERIOUS? How did you SURVIVE without them"?! And I'll just be thinking "I only wish I could take you back with me... ahhhh the good old days"! -Jamie

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It's official, Jamie. Your old. Any sort of comments about the good old days and how things used to be and how they were better back then...well, it qualifies you. But don't feel bad. I'm a part of that club. I used to tell my students how great things were without cell phones, how we all got by and how we walked uphill, both ways, in the snow just to get to our one room classroom which we shared with elementary and high school students alike!

Jamie said...

Very funny Michelle...